Idli OR Dosa batter muffins
This recipe is similar to paniyaram/gunta pungulu/paddu which is a popular breakfast or snack which is a mixture of the indian crepe spiced with chopped onion, green chillies, cumin seeds. This traditionally made using a paddu pan but baking it in the muffin tray also tastes great and off course low calorie as oil used is less.
Baking time: 18-20mins
Preparation time: 10mins
- Leftover idly or dosa batter-2cup
- Carom seeds-1tsp
- Finely chopped chilli-1tbsp
- Finely chopped onion-1num
- Grated carrot-1/2cup
- Chopped coriander-a handful
- Oil-to grease the muffins
- Baking soda-1/4tsp
- Salt-if required (as dosa batter already has salt)
- Dosa batter OR Idli batter links incase required. Both are made from brown rice as main ingredient
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg c grease the muffin tray and place muffin cases.
- Add onion, chilli , coriander, carom seeds, grated carrot to the dosa/idly batter and mix well
- Now fill the 3/4of the muffin cases with the batter.
- Bake for 18-20mins or till the tooth pick inserted comes out clear.
- Remove the tray. Transfer it to the cooling rack.
- Serve with any dip/chutney of your choice.
- The batter should not be too thin or thick it should be like thick yogurt/cake batter consistency
- Brown rice links for Idli and Dosa are provided. White rice can be used instead
Posted on June 23, 2014, in Breakfast, Indian, Main dish and tagged Baked Ambode, Baked Paddu, Chitras healthy kitchen, Crepes batter, Dosa Batter, Dosa batter baked muffins, drchdietfood, Idli Batter, Paddu in baking tray, Vegetarian muffins. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.