Vegan – Scrambled/crumbled tofu
A vegan alternative to scrambled eggs OR a hearty protein dish.
Easy, delicious scrambled tofu has bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, onion spiced chillies and flavoured with ginger-garlic. Scrambled tofu makes a delicious breakfast or lunch. You can personalize it any way you choose, with extra veggies, extra spices, a topping of hot sauce or by wrapping it in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito.
I served with Carrot dosas, healthy variation to Masala dosas as a filling and it tasted great.
Serves: 3-4 servings
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
- Tofu- 1block (250 gms)
- Chopped onion-1num
- Chopped bell peppers/capsicum-1num
- Cherry tomatoes-10num
- Green chilli-4num
- Garlic cloves-3
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Chopped coriander-a handful
- Crush garlic, ginger, chilli in a motor and pestle/ in the blender and set aside.
- Drain water from tofu and mash it with the help of fork in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan add cumin seeds as it splutters add onion, crushed garlic-ginger-chilli and saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add bell peppers and saute for 3-4mins.
- Add cherry tomatoes, chilli powder, salt, and saute for 4-5 mins/until the raw flavour of chilli powder goes off.
- Then add scrambled/crumbled tofu and mix well until well combined with the spices and simmer for 5 more mins/ until heated thoroughly.
- Garnish with coriander
Can be served hot/warm
- Can replace tofu with Paneer (Cottage Cheese) and choose vegetables of your choice
- Spices can be added as per the taste
I am brining this to Virtual vegan linky potluck