Kesar badam honey kulfi (Ice cream)
It is a frozen Indian desert. It is often described as “traditional indian subcontinet ice cream”. Made from full cream milk thickened with Koya and badam (Almond).
As a healthy option have replaced full cream with low fat Milk and Milk powder. Honey is used in place of Sugar.
Yields: 4-6 kulfis
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 35-40mins
- Milk-2 Pint/ 1 ltr (semi-skimmed)
- Honey-1/2cup or (as per the taste)
- Almond(Badam)- 1/4cup (coarsely ground)
- Cardamom powder-1/4tsp
- Low fat Milk powder-1/2cup
- Corn flour-2tsp
- Kesar/ saffron strands-1/2tsp
- In small bowl soak saffron in a little warn milk and keep aside.
- In other bowl dissolve milk powder, corn flour in milk (1cup) without any lumps
- Put milk in a broad non-stick pan and bring it to boil
- Add ground almond and give it a mix
- Add milk powder-corn flour mixture, honey, cardamom powder, soaked saffron strands and simmer over a medium flame for 8-10min/until the milk thickens a bit.
- As it thickens turn off the flame and allow it to cool down completely.
- As it cools down pour the mixture to the kulfi moulds. Refrigerate for 3-4hours.
- To demould: just hold the mould under running water for a minute and demould.
- Quantity of sweetness can be increased or decreased as per the taste.
- Almonds were not blanched to retain all of its nutrients. They can be blanched as per choice
- If you want the kulfi to be more creamy in texture you add cream or half and half milk
- You can even use condensed milk or sweetened koya instead of milk powder-corn flour mixture
- You can even replace sugar for honey
- You can replace low fat milk with full fat milk
Posted on July 20, 2014, in Dessert, Indian, International, Kids recipes, Sweets and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Honey Ice cream, Honey recipes, Low fat Ice cream recipe, prakruthi honey, prakruthi honey bangalore, prakruthi honey recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 42 Comments.