Baked – Corn Tortilla chips
Homemade corn tortillas and chips are easy to make and healthy . This tortilla chips have the crunch of tradition, the satisfaction of a crispy, authentic mouthful.
Serves: 3-4 (number of chips depends on the size of the tortillas)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 8-10 minutes
- Corn tortillas-8 (homemade link)
- Oil-to brush
- Salt-to taste
- Stag the tortillas and cut them into 4ths. (number can vary based on size of Tortillas)
- Pre-heat the oven at 18o deg C, line a baking tray with baking sheet and spray some olive oil.
- Lay out tortilla pieces so and make sure they are not overlapped to each other.
- Brush tortilla pieces with a very light olive oil.
- Sprinkle some salt and bake for 8-10 minutes ( or until edges are slightly crispy)
Enjoy by serving with salsa and make it a Tortilla Canapes (recipe click here)
- The store bought tortillas can be used
- Whole wheat can be replaced fully with corn meal for Gluten free option
- Tortilla chips can be deep fried as well
- The baking times varies based on appliances