Pumpkin, Celery and Dill Soup
This is a hearty soup for the wintery day with the blend of celery, pumpkin with dill leaves. It gives a lovely green colour to the soup and adds aromatic flavour. Milk helps for the perfect consistency of this soup.
Alternatively rosemary or any herbs can be used and feel free to personalise as per the taste.
Celery is a low-calorie vegetable with high water content, making it a good addition to your diet if you’re trying to lose weight. As with other juicy vegetables, the water in celery hydrates your body and helps flush out toxins, keeping your skin and other organs healthy. Celery as per research suggests it may help prevent arthritis and memory loss. Ibs sufferers take note: some people with ibs are sensitive to raw vegetables and experience discomfort after eating them
Pumpkin is a good source of potassium, a mineral involved in lowering blood pressure and preserving bone health. Pumpkin is a low-calorie vegetable that’s rich in fiber, making it a good choice for people who want to lose weight or prevent or manage heart disease and type 2 diabetes
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-40-45 minutes
- Chopped onions-1medium
- Roughly chopped celery sticks-4
- Roughly chopped pumpkin-2cups
- Chopped dill leaves-1/4cup
- Chopped ginger-1/2inch
- Ground cinnamon-1/2tsp
- Ground nutmeg-1/4tsp
- Chopped garlic cloves-3
- Pepper corns-6 (or as desired)
- Vegetables stock/water-2cups
- Any milk of choice (coconut milk/any milk)-1cup
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add the onions and saute for 3-4minutes.
- Add spices and herbs (ginger, garlic, dill leaves, nutmeg, pepper corns, cinnamon) and coo for 1-2minutes.
- Once the spices and herbs have released their flavours, add the pumpkin, celery and saute for 4-5minutes.
- Now add vegetable stock and bring everything to boil, then lower the heat and simmered until pumpkin was soft (approx 15-20minutes)
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, turn off the flame and allow it to cool a bit. Then blend in the food processor/blender until creamy and soft.
- Transfer the blended puree back into the deep pan, add in milk mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3-5minutes, while stirring continuously.
Serve piping hot.
- Cream can be included if desired.
- Herbs and spices can be personalised as per the taste.
- I used more dill leaves so my soup turned gree, you can reduce r personalised dill leaves quantity as per the taste.