Baked Katori chaat
Traditionally Katori are made with All Purpose flour and deep fried. Here I tried to use whole wheat flour and baked them.
Katori chaat can be made with different fillings like fruits or sprouts or salads or any other choice of yours. Here I filled them with Chickpeas, Mix of Veggies, Fresh Raw Mango and Potatoes. To spicy it up have used homemade Green Chutney, Sweet and Tamarind Chutney.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- Whole wheat flour-1cup
- Corn flour/Corn Starch-1tsp
- Carom Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt- 1/4tsp
- Sunflower Spread/Olive Spread- 3 to 4 tbsp
For the filling:
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium
- Boiled Chickpeas – ½ cup
- Grated Mango – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Finely chopped onion-1/4 cup
- Finely chopped tomatoes-1/4cup
- Cumin powder-to sprinkle
- Chaat masala-to sprinkle
- Black salt/rock salt-1tsp
- Dates Tamarind Spread- 2tbsp/ as required
- Mint chutney- 2tbsp/ as required
- Sev – a handful
- Chopped coriander- a handful
- Whisk corn flour, yogurt, olive oil, salt in a bowl. Sift in flour to this mixture and make a stiff dough using little water if required and knead
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each dough portion into sheet of 6mm (1/4”) thickness, cut rounds of pastry using a large 50mm (2”) diameter cookie cutter and prick all over with fork.
- Place these on back side of a muffin shaped baking tray.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 deg C and bake for 10-12 minutes/ until slightly golden.
- Cool Katoris/Tarts
- Mash Potatoes in a mixing bowl and to this add boiled Chickpeas, Raw mango, Rock salt, Cumin powder and Chaat masala.
- Fill each tart/katoris with 1 to 2 tablespoon of mixture
- Top with onion, tomatoes, sprinkle some green chutney, Sweet Tamraind chutney
- Garnish with Sev and Coriander
- Spices can be skipped/ personalized as per the taste.
- Can use mixed sprouts/ veggies OR Fruits
Posted on February 21, 2015, in Indian, Starters and tagged Appetizers, Baked Indian snacks, Baked salad tarts, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy salad bowl, Indian healthy snacks, Katori chaat healthy, Tart Salad bowl. Bookmark the permalink. 80 Comments.