Avocado Peanut and Mint – Spread/dip/pesto
Here in this recipe we are tossing peanuts instead of pine nuts in an Italian pesto and used avocado in place of cheese.
I am a huge fan of avocados, so tried to blend avocado in place of cream to add creamy texture to the pesto.
Traditionally pesto sauce with its combination is healthy addition to any diet. While rather high in calories and fat, pesto offers a wealth of nutrients and punch of flavour. When enjoyed in moderation, pesto can enhance your health and nutrient intake.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Ripe Avocado-1 num (Pitted and scooped)
- Roasted peanuts-1 cup
- Fresh Mint leaves- 1/2 cup
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice-2-3tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Gently crush the Mint with some Olive oil in the food processor.
- Add peanuts, Garlic, Avocado and pulse while slowly adding rest of the olive oil, until it is coarse and blended.
- Scrape off the sides of the bowl with rubber spatula, add lemon juice, salt and puree until it reaches desired consistency.
- Transfer to the bowl and drizzle some olive oil and crushed peanuts.
Serve with bread/ pasta/ as a spread on pizzas.
- You can store it in an air tight container in the fridge
- You can add additional olive oil if necessary.
- Original recipe calls for cheese but I tried to avoid it. You can add for more creamy texture.