For this simple-as-can-be dip, rich-tasting garlic is pureed with a spicy red chillies and dash of tamarind pulp. Use it as a dip for idli/dosa/paratha/roti, a topping for bruschetta or even as a spread for a sandwich.
- Yields- 1 cup
- Preparation time- 15 minutes
- Cooking time- 5 minutes
- Roughly chopped garlic cloves-1 cup
- Red chillies-3-4 (adjust as per the spice preferred)
- Tamarind pulp-1 tbsp
- Dates-2 (pitted, chopped)
- Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Salt- to taste
- Oil-1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan add garlic and saute until the raw flavour goes of on a medium flame.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves and saute for a minute or two. Turn off the flame and allow it to cool a bit.
- Now put the sauted garlic, red chillies, curry leaves in a blender/food processor along with tamarind pulp, chopped dates, salt and blend to a smooth paste by adding some water.
- Serve with idle/dosa or any breakfast dishes.
- Spice can be personalised as per the taste.