Baked Samosa bites/Pin wheels using wheat flour
These baked samosas bites/pinwheels are an alternative way to enjoy healthy snack. Here I used wheat flour in the dough and baked the pinwheels using little oil. This is an easy snack and can be served for a evening tea time snack or even as a party appetizer.
Yields: 20-22 bites
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 25-30 minutes
For the dough:
- Wheat flour-1cup
- Corn starch-1tbsp
- Carom seeds-1tsp
- Water to knead
For the filling:
- Cooked Potatoes-3medium
- Chopped red bell peppers-1medium
- Minced garlic-2cloves
- Chilli powder-1/2tsp
- Chaat masala-1/2tsp
- Dry mango powder-1/2tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- to brush
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, carom seeds and oil – add in little water at a time and mix well to form a soft pliable dough.
- Wrap with a cling film/kitchen towel and set aside for 10-15minutes.
- Now in a bowl add in cooked potato and mash it completely without any lumps and to this mashed potato add in chopped bell peppers, chilli powder, chat masala, garlic paste, mango powder, salt and mix well until well combined.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C, line the baking tray and set aside.
- Now take the dough and divide into lemon sized balls and take one portion roll it into a 5-6inch diameter circle.
- Spread a layer of potato filling evenly over it, roll it into a log, seal the edges.
- Cut the log into ½-1inch thick slices and arrange on the prepared baking tray one after the other without overlapping.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and once all are done brush the samosa rolls with oil and bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30minutes (time may vary from oven to oven ) so bake until it golden brown.
- Once baked allow it to cool a bit
- Spices can be personalised.
- Plain flour can be used in alternative to wheat flour for the dough.
- You can even saute the filling with some oil before making the rolls if desired.
Posted on October 21, 2015, in Appetizers, International and tagged Baked Samosas, baked snacks ideas, evening healthy snacks ideas, Healthy snacks, indian healthy starters, pinwheel samosas. Bookmark the permalink. 47 Comments.