Apple Walnut – Eggless Cake
This Apple-Cinnamon Bread is delicious for breakfast or even dessert! The Apple puree and Condensed milk in the batter keeps this cake incredibly moist, and you will love the pieces of cinnamon-sugar apples that you get with every bite!
This would be a fabulous, simple dessert to pull together quickly for a festive dinner. I also just like having sweet things like this on hand for a treat with my coffee, or for unexpected visitors.
The slices are really perfect just on their own – no butter or jam required. I ate some for my morning snack and again for my afternoon snack.
Quantity: 8-10 slices
Baking time: 35-45 minutes
Preparation time:15 minutes
• Wheat flour-1cup
• Powdered oats-1cup
• Flaxseed meal-2tbsp
• Baking powder-1tsp
• Baking soda-1tsp
• Cinnamon powder-1/2 tsp
• Nutmeg powder-1/4 tsp
• Apple puree- 1cup / 3 apples peeled, cored and chopped
• Light Condensed milk- 1/3 tin
• Hot water -1/2cup/ as required
• Olive oil/ vegetable fat-1/4cup
• Cider vinegar-1tsp
• Vanilla essence-1/2tsp
• Roughly chopped walnuts-3/4-1cup
• Pre heat the oven at 170 deg (Fan assisted)
• Sieve all the dry ingredients-flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and flax meal in large bowl. To this add chopped walnuts mix well and set aside.
• Beat oil, apple puree, condensed milk, vanilla essence & water
• Add the dry ingredients with walnuts into the wet mixture in batches.
• Fold in and add in hot water if the batter is too thick.
• Now add vinegar and give a quick stir so that the vinegar is incorporated well in the batter.
• Grease a loaf pan and line it with the baking sheet and pour the mixture
• Bake in a pre-heated oven for 35-45 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
• Unmould and cool on a rack.
• Ready to Serve
• Original recipe calls for 1 cup sugar but I haven’t used any sugar
• If your using egg add sugar instead of condensed milk.
•light condensed milk is low fat condensed milk, since I have used milk powder in my other cake recipes as a variation used condensed milk.
•condensed milk can be substituted with:
2-3tbsp of Milk powder dissolved in milk ..
• You can use white flour as well or half of white flour and half whole meal flour