Spiced Belgian Hot Chocolate
Hot Chocolate is the classic way to warm up on a winters day like today. But we think the Mexicans have the right idea… add some heat to your hot chocolate with some warming spices. Try this luxurious tongue-tingling Spiced Hot Chocolate. Sweeter and more fragrant than the regular stuff, with hints of cardamom and spices, it’s one of my favourite things to drink at this time of year. The result is a foamy, warm delicious drink.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Any milk of choice-2 cups
- Belgian Dark chocolate(60%) -100 gms (Finely chopped/grated)
- Stevia/Any sweetner – 2-3 tsp (or as sweet preferred)
- Ground Cardamom – 1/2tsp
- Ground Nutmeg – 1/2tsp
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, stevia and bring it to boil
- Once the milk comes to boil remove the saucepan from heat and stir in chopped chocolate until melted, returning the saucepan to low heat and just heat until the chocolate melts.
- Finally once the chocolate melts- turn off the flame and stir in ground cardamom and nutmeg.
- Serve warm as is or topped with some whipped Coconut/Cream.
- For creamy texture feel free to include cream
I used Belgian dark chocolate here -it can be replaced with any dark cooking chocolate.
Since I used Belgian chocolate -reduced the sweetner – sweetness can be adjusted as per the taste..
Posted on February 9, 2016, in Juices/Beverages, Vegan and tagged cardamom flavoured hot chocolate, Chitras healthy kitchen, chocolate drinks recipe, drchdietfood, hot bevarages., Hot chocolate healthy recipe;Vegan drinks, hot drinks recipe, stevie hot drinks. Bookmark the permalink. 67 Comments.