Mint and Garlic – Flat Bread
Mint is an aromatic herb & nutritionally is rich in many vitamins and minerals. It has also been used medicinally to aid digestion and as a healing compound. As with most herbs, mint is a low calorie & low-fat food.
Fresh mint provides excellent flavouring for many foods. It is especially beneficial for those having cardiovascular disease or high blood pressure.
Try this mint and garlic combination and it will turn out to be very tasty.
Baking time: 10-12minutes
Waiting time: 1 ½-2hrs
• Wheat flour-1 ½ cup
• Plain flour-1/2cup
• Oats flour/powdered oats-1/3cup
• Milk powder-2tbsp
• Fresh mint-1/4cup
• Salt- 1/2tsp
• Olive oil-1tbsp
• Warm water-1- 1 1/2cup (as required to form the dough)
• Olive oil-1tbsp
• Onion- 1 medium
• Dried herbs-1/2tsp
- In a bowl combine honey, warm water & oil mix well; Sprinkle yeast and let it stand on the counter for 10minutes.
- In the mixer/ blender jar add mint leaves and garlic and blend it to the paste.
- Then in the large bowl swift in wheat flour, oats flour, plain flour, milk powder, salt and mix well
- Add mint garlic paste & yeast mixture; Mix all together to form the dough (Add in warm water if required).
- Slightly dust the flour on the counter and knead the dough for 7-8minutes
- Grease the bowl with 1tbsp oil in a bowl and set the dough in it.
- Wrap it with the kitchen towel / cling film and rest it in the warm place for 1-2hours or until doubled in size.
- When the dough is ready pre-heat the oven at 220deg with greased pizza tray/baking tray
- Meanwhile flour the surface and spread the dough into desired shape and once the oven is pre-heated –pull the tray and shift the dough on to the tray and let it stand in the oven for 12-15minutes.
- Then brush it up with oil and top it with onion slices and herbs and bake it for 10-12minutes at 220deg.
- Adding Semolina to the dough makes flat bread crispier
- Sprinkle the baking tray with corn meal/flour while pre-heating in the oven results in brown base flat bread