Multi lentils dosa/ crepes(Adai)
This is wholesome nutritious dish. It’s a healthy breakfast recipe.
Dals/Lentils are brimming with fiber, satisfying your hunger and reducing your appetite. This food is rich in soluble fiber, which also lowers blood cholesterol. Mixed dals gives plenty of energy as it is low GI and ensures consistent supply of energy throughout the day.
Makes: 12-14 dosas
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 30mins
- Mung beans/green gram-1/2cup
- Moong dal -1/4cup
- Toovar dal-1/4cup
- Channa dal-1/4cup
- Brown lentils-1/4cup
- Urad dal-2-3tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds-2tsp (optional)
- Grated dry/fresh coconut-1/4cup
- Green chillies-3-4 (chopped)
- Grated ginger-2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Cumin seeds-1tbsp
- Coriander-1/4cup chopped fresh leaves
- Oil-to roast dosas
To make Batter
- Wash and soak rice and all the dals in enough water for 5-6hrs. Drain and set aside. (reserve the water and can be use while grinding if required)
- Combine the soaked dals, rice and blend in a mixer into a smooth batter.
- Combine coconut, green chillies, ginger, cumin seeds, coriander and blend in a mixer/food processor into coarse paste.
- Add this paste to the previously ground batter, salt, asafoetida and mix well and the batter should neither be too thick nor thin.
- Fermentation not required but if you rest it at room temperature for 4-5hrs for nice, crispier dosas.
To make dosas:
- Heat tava and grease it with oil and pour 2 ladle full of batter and can spread to make it thin or just leave it as it is for thick dosas as per your preference
- Drizzle some oil and leave the dosa on medium high till golden brown, flip carefully and fry till golden and crisp.
- Repeat with remaining batter to make more dosas.
Serve with any chutney/ pickle.