Tofu vegetables salad or wraps – Vegan
This can be served just as salad or as wraps… Sauted Tofu adds crunchy coating so when mixed vegetables this salad will retain its crunchiness. So this makes the wrap ideal for lunch boxes or for picnics.
Cooking time: 10mins
Preparation time: 15mins
- Whole wheat tortillas-5num
- Chopped Red bell pepper-1num
- Chopped green bell pepper-1num
- Chopped carrot- 1num
- Scoop out seeds and chopped cucumber-1/2big/1small
- Cabbage/lettuce leaves-8-10num
- Tofu -200gms
- Chopped coriander-1cup
- Green chilli-2num
- Salt-as per taste
- Ketchup- as required
- Low fat grated cheese- as required
To make the tofu:
- Drain the water from tofu, squeeze gently in between your palms, place it on the kitchen tissue wrap- place a heavy weight on it for an hour to remove the excess water from tofu.
- Once done slice the tofu lengthwise for 4-5inch strips
- In a pan on medium high heat add oil and tofu strips, season it with salt and pepper, toast them for few minutes until brown and crispy. Flip to other side and season again with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for another few minutes until brown and crispy. Once all the strips are crispy turn off the heat
- Throw all the ingredients mentioned under the dressing list to the blender and blend it to smooth paste and set aside.
- Slice vegetables into 3-4inch slices
- In a mixing bowl toss sliced peppers, carrots, cucumber, roasted tofu with coriander dressing
- Place tortillas on a clean plate, arrange lettuce/cabbage leaf, spread the tossed salad. Top it with some sweet and spicy ketchup, cheese , roll the wraps and cut to half.
- Use ketchup only if it is consumed immediately, not for lunch box as it may go soft.
Posted on June 25, 2014, in International, Salad/Wraps, Soups, Salad and Wraps, Vegan and tagged chitras healthy, drchdietfood, healthy tofu recipes, healthy vegan friendly recipes, Tofu for wraps, tofu recipes, Tofu salad, Tofu Salad recipes, Tofu Vegetable Frankies, Tofu vegetable wraps, Tofu vegetarian recipes, vegan friendly recipes, Vegan wraps. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.