Honey Cake using whole wheat and Cottage cheese (paneer)
Love panner….Enjoy this guilt free cake. A delicious cake which is made using cottage cheese, honey. This cake is eggless, free from added sugar and oil…
Saturated fat present in full fat cottage cheese can increase blood cholesterol, so you don’t have to worry about unhealthy fats when you choose low fat/fat-free cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is healthy to eat as a part of balanced diet, and provide essential nutrients, it is rich in proteins.
So enjoy this dessert as a part of balanced diet.
Preparation time: 10mins
Baking time: 20-25mins
- Whole wheat flour/atta-1cup
- Low fat Cottage cheese/paneer-1/3cup
- Honey -1/2cup
- Warm milk/ water-1/2cup (as required)
- Baking powder-1/2tsp
- Baking soda-3/4tsp
- Vanilla essence-1tsp
- Vinegar/lemon juice-1tsp
- Low fat crème frachie-200ml
- Sugar substitute/sugar-3-4tbsp
- Vanilla essence-1tsp
- lemon juice-1tsp
- lemon zest-for garnishing
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg c, grease and line the 4”cake tin
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl mash paneer/ cottage cheese
- Using electric/hand blender beat mashed paneer/cottage cheese with honey,1/2 warm milk, vinegar, vanilla essence until smooth
- fold flour in batches into the whisked wet ingredients. Use extra milk/water if required to get the batter consistency
- Pour the batter to the lined cake tin and bake for 20-25mins/until the tooth pick inserted comes out clear.
- Using electric mixer beat crème fraiche, sugar for 2-3minutes.
- Add in vanilla essence, lemon juice give it a mix.
- Spread frosting over top of the cake. Top it with zest
- You can add extra honey or sugar if you want your cake on sweeter side
- Haven’t used any oil /butter , if you wish to go ahead and add few tbsp oil
- I used homemade low fat cottage cheese/paneer however they can be bought from super market
- Low fat paneer can be made by curdling low fat milk
Posted on July 1, 2014, in Dessert, International, Kids recipes and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, Cottage cheese cake, drchdietfood, Eggless honey cake, Eggless Panner Cake, Oil free Cakes, Panner Cake, prakruthi honey, prakruthi honey bangalore, prakruthi honey recipes, Sugar free Cakes. Bookmark the permalink. 12 Comments.