Coconut vegetable pasta soup – Vegan
In this recipe mushrooms, baby corn, bell peppers, carrots are cooked in low fat coconut milk. This is similar to thai curry without using any lemon grass or lemon flavour. I used ginger-garlic, green chilli, coriander as a curry paste. Vegetable pasta soup can be served as main dish along with some crusty bread and green salad.
A warming bowl of this hearty, healthy soup recipe is filling enough for dinner.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Whole wheat small pasta suitable for soup/Tubini pasta-100gms
- Mushrooms-1cup sliced
- Baby corn-200gms (halved/ chopped to small portions)
- Carrots-1/2cup (chopped)
- Red bell pepper-1num (sliced)
- Spring onion-10 (chopped)
- Coconut milk-1cup
- Vegetable broth/water-2cups/as per the consistency
- Olive Oil-2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Bay leaf-1num
- Minced green chilli-2num
- Crushed garlic-2cloves
- Crushed gonger-2tsp
- Crushed peanuts/crushed flaxseed-1tbsp
- Fresh coriander paste-1tbsp
- Boil water in a sauce pan and cook pasta with salt for 4-5minutes/until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in the wok/ pan add bay leaf, chilli pasta, ginger-garlic and saute for a minute until fragrant.
- Add in coconut milk and vegetable broth and bring to boil on a low flame.
- Add in mushrooms, baby corn, bell peppers, carrots and fresh coriander paste and cook for 5-8minutes or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Add in cooked pasta, salt, crushed peanut-flaxseed (optional) and boil until the pasta is cooked through about 1-2minutes depending on the type of pasta.
- Once the pasta is coated well and heated through pour it to the soup bowl and serve hot.
- Can even use regular pasta or any kind of small pasta.
- Regular milk can be used instead of Cocunut milk