These divine noodle veggie cakes are so easy to prepare. Good if you are looking for something simple that is just little different. Cooked noodles tossed in sauces, boiled veggies, after the concoction was pressed into patties. Cooked until golden in a skillet was a kind of noodle frittata, crispy and crunchy and yet still custardy on the inside. I threw some grean peas, sweet corn, peppers, scallions and just to give the ting of thai cuisine have used ginger, garlic, chilli and lemon juice; however any spices can be used. If making a meal you can use Thai curry paste (Link) prepared for making curry.
This can be served as a starter along with the main course (Link) topped with dark soy sauce. This combo serves as Thai meal
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Finely chopped spring onion white-1/4cup
- Frozen peas-1/4cup
- Sweet corn -1/4cup
- Finely chopped Capsicum/bell pepper-1/4cup
- Soy sauce-2tsp
- Minced ginger-1/2tsp
- Minced garlic-1tsp
- Red chillie-1 roughly chopped
- Peanut oil-for shallow frying
- Corn starch-2tbsp
- Place noodles in a boiling water and let it stand for 4-5minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile boil peas, corn, bell peppers in boiling water until tender and soft drain and keep aside.
- Combine ginger, garlic, red chillies, onion, lemon juice/lemon grass in the processor and process until finely chopped. (or simple use red curry paste )
- In a mixing bowl combine boiled noodles, vegetables, ground paste, soy sauce, corn starch mix well adjust the taste if required by adding salt/ spice and divide into equal portions.
- Pat it to make small discs, circle.
- Shallow fry them by drizzling some oil over it. Cook till it becomes slightly crispy and golden brown.
- Flip over and repeat the same on other side. Enjoy with sauce.
- Usually in noodle patties potato is used but here as I was bringing this in thai style I tried to avoid potato, so for more binding and patties texture feel free to use boiled and mashed potatoes.
Posted on September 12, 2014, in Indian, Starters and tagged Noodle varities; Kids favourite starters;drchdietfood; chitras healthy kitchen. Bookmark the permalink. 29 Comments.