Scrambled mint paneer
Scrambled paneer/paneer bhurji is a super simple and tasty recipe made using indian cottage cheese/paneer. Scrambled paneer also known as paneer bhurji is a popular north indian breakfast recipe made from crumbled paneer. As a variation have added Mint for an added flavour
Preparation time :10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Low fat Paneer-200gms
- Chopped oonion-1medium
- Chopped tomato-1medium
- Chopped Bell peppers/capsicum-1medium
- Chopped mint-1/4cup
- Frozen peas-1/2cup
- Minced garlic-2cloves
- Green chilli paste-1/2tsp (alternatively red chilli powder can be used)
- Salt-to taste
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Chopped coriander-to garnish
- If using store bought paneer soak in hot water for 5-10minutes.
- Then scramble the paneer either by using potato masher/ blender and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan; Add cumin seeds, minced garlic and saute for 1-2minutes.
- Now add chopped onion, green chilli paste, tomato and fry for 3-4minutes/until the onion are translucent and tomatoes are soft.
- Now add bell peppers/capsicum and saute until the bell peppers are tender and soft.
- Add in turmeric, peas, salt and continue to fry on a low flame for 3-4minutes
- Finally add scrambled paneer, mint mix well and simmer until heated through.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste
Posted on September 14, 2014, in Breakfast, Indian, Side dish. Bookmark the permalink. 16 Comments.
I wanted to tell you we made the lentils and spinach yesterday and it wad excellent. 🙂
Thanks Jackie loved to hear that..It would be great honour to have a click so can post on my wall tagging to yourself…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Better than that… My husband left a few minutes ago to get more ingredients to make more. He shops and cooks because I’m disabled but I find recipes. 🙂 He and I both loved this one. I went back and posted the message on that page. I’d shout from the rooftops if I could… 🙂 ❤
I am really feeling blessed to have such a wonderful compliments..really sorry to hear about you…I am feeling today is the day where one of my objectives to meet the people whom I can share few recipes and inspire them…thanks a ton..would love to know if you need any particular recipe would love to explore and post ..thanks a ton for your support Jackie
LikeLiked by 1 person
Always neat to see what you have cooking Chitra!
So nice of you Lori..Am honoured with your feedback and made my day….Thank you
Sonal – am glad you liked it
Love these scrambled one’s, I got to try with Tofu soon 🙂 Yummy!!!
I tried scrambled tofu filling with dosa earlier and it tasted yum. This time tried Panner with tomato dosa….so try with dosas dear my personal suggestion….
I love making Paneer bhurji too. It is my favorite Protein fix. So healthy and delicious.
Thanks Bhavna…A good replacement for eggs for pure veggies like me 🙂
Reblogged this on Chef Ceaser.
Thanks for your continued support
Bhuriji s my fav:-) can I have a plate C:-
All yours dear…. 🙂 🙂 🙂