Scrambled mint paneer
Scrambled paneer/paneer bhurji is a super simple and tasty recipe made using indian cottage cheese/paneer. Scrambled paneer also known as paneer bhurji is a popular north indian breakfast recipe made from crumbled paneer. As a variation have added Mint for an added flavour
Preparation time :10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Low fat Paneer-200gms
- Chopped oonion-1medium
- Chopped tomato-1medium
- Chopped Bell peppers/capsicum-1medium
- Chopped mint-1/4cup
- Frozen peas-1/2cup
- Minced garlic-2cloves
- Green chilli paste-1/2tsp (alternatively red chilli powder can be used)
- Salt-to taste
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Chopped coriander-to garnish
- If using store bought paneer soak in hot water for 5-10minutes.
- Then scramble the paneer either by using potato masher/ blender and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan; Add cumin seeds, minced garlic and saute for 1-2minutes.
- Now add chopped onion, green chilli paste, tomato and fry for 3-4minutes/until the onion are translucent and tomatoes are soft.
- Now add bell peppers/capsicum and saute until the bell peppers are tender and soft.
- Add in turmeric, peas, salt and continue to fry on a low flame for 3-4minutes
- Finally add scrambled paneer, mint mix well and simmer until heated through.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste