Spiced Honey Peach lemon cold tea
The warm aromatic flavours of tea have their roots in ancient Ayuevedic tradition of India. This tea can be relished as a black tea or even add milk and relished. The cinnamon clove tea is a natural home remedy for cough and cold. Lime juice is added for the tanginess and if you like to relish the tea with milk lime juice and peach should be avoided.
Cinnamon has the ability to lower post-meal blood sugars. In addition, the use of cinnamon at meals decreases insulin resistance and enhances the effects of gastrointestinal hormones responsible for satiety and decreased gastric emptying rates.
Cloves are filled with the essential oil, Eugenol, which can help detoxify the body. Cloves can also soothe abdominal pain, increase circulation, alleviate throat and chest ailments, and most importantly during the holiday season – aid digestion.
Enjoy this aromatic tea.
Serves : 2
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Clove buds-3-4
- Cinnamon stick-1/2inch
- Javitri/mace-1/2inch petal
- Tea bag-1 or 2bags (as per taste)
- Agave nectar-1tbsp
- Lemon juice-to taste
- Peach slices- 5-6
- Bring water to boil in a small pot.
- Lower the flame to low add in clove, mace/javitri, cinnamon. Cover and let it simmer for 12-15minutes.
- Turn off the flame add in tea bag and let it sit for 3-5minutes.
- Pour through fine strainer into mugs, drizzle some lemon juice and peach slices.
- Leaving Peach longer in tea will make the drink bitter and Peaches will turn into dark