Roasted –Spiced seeds
Spiced Roasted Seed Snack Mix, is a simple but insanely delicious natural snack that is so much fun to make with your kids. Crunchy fresh roasted seeds that are spiced with spices of choice and made for the ultimate fun fall snack.
For those with nut allergies (or just looking to mix things up), seeds provide many of the same nutritional benefits as nuts.
Sprinkle a handful of roasted seeds on your salads, soups or rice dishes for an extra boost of nutrients.
Sunflower Seeds – Vitamin E – contributes to the protection of cells and prevention of cardiovascular disease
Pumpkin Seeds – Immune-boosting zincs Healthy unsaturated fats, good for lowering cholesterol
Phytoestrogens for hormone balancing and reducing heart risk
Sesame Seeds – Calcium for healthy bones (good for non-dairy eaters) and Phytosterols for a healthy heart
Hemp Seeds – Omega 3 & Omega 6 in a perfect balance – good for your circu latory system
Linseed – Omega 3 for a healthy heart and brain; Phytoestrogens for hormone balancing and reducing heart risk
There are two “types” of flaxseed: brown and golden. Although the color and price differ, the nutritional benefits are the same. The brown flaxseed is less expensive than the golden, but because golden flaxseed is lighter in color, it’s easier to hide in a variety of foods
Preparation time-5 minutes
Baking time-20 minutes
- Mixed seeds-1cup (I used pumpkin seeds, melon seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds)
- Sesame seeds-1tbsp
- Golden flaxseed-2tbsp
- Garlic powder-2tsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Lime juice-2tbsp
- Olive oil-2tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 150deg C. Line a baking tray and set aside.
- Combine mixed seeds, sesame seeds, flaxseeds in a medium bowl.
- Add chilli powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, lime juice, olive oil and toss well.
- Spread it on a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes (stir halfway through)
- Allow it to cool completely.
Serve or can be stored in the airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Proportion of the seeds and variety can be personalised as per the taste.
- Spices can also be personalised.