Mango Quinoa Avocado bean salad
Today, I want to share an exciting salad with you that is incredibly refreshing and of course, nourishing – Mango Quinoa bean Salad. Wonderful lunch salad full of flavor texture and healthful goodness.
This recipe is super easy to make! The most time-consuming part is chopping all the veggies, that’s always a lot of fun…even therapeutic 😉
Yields: 2-3 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Quinoa-1 cup (washed and rinsed thoroughly)
- Rose coco beans-1 can (rinsed and drained)
- Chopped onion-1 medium
- Chopped toamtoes-1 medium
- Chopped bell peppers-1/2
- Avocado- 1 (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- Grated raw green mango-1 small (2-3 tbsp)
- Olive oil-1 tbsp
- Ground cumin-1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper-1/2 tsp (optional)
- Crushed garlic-2 cloves
- Water-2 cups
- Salt- to taste
- rockets-for serving
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Stir in rinsed and drained quinoa. Reduce heat cover pan. Simmer 12-15minutes or until water is absorbed.
- (Quinoa can be used warm or cold- for cold quinoa can be cooked ahead and use in the salad or use warm quinoa itself in the salad)
- Now in a mixing bowl add rose coco beans, tomato, bell peppers, avocado, grated mango, olive oil, salt, ground cumin, cayenne peppers mix well.
- Add cooked quinoa , rockets stir gently and serve.
- I used raw green mango which helps to give tangy taste and flavour-alternatively lime/lemon juice can be used.
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.
- Vegetables combo can be personalised as per the taste
I am bringing this post to Kimmy’s HVF#38