Mini Pancake Skewers – 600th Post
These are super cute and simple to make. This recipe is a riff on our favorite whole wheat pancake recipe…
The concept of pancake skewers is so easy – just take your favorite pancake recipe and make them miniature-sized so they can be stacked together and served on a platter. I added the banana slice and a blueberry for a little extra flair, but depending on your flavor of pancake, you could coordinate any fruit you want.
You can also try making bigger pancakes and top them with the fresh fruit
Fruits are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and dietary fiber. The health benefits of these super foods can affect your child’s health now and into adulthood. Several important nutrients like vitamin C, potassium, fiber and folate are consumed. Fruits and vegetables are good sources of these nutrients, they can also help fill the nutrient gaps in your child’s diet. Each fruit and vegetable has its own nutritional profile, so include a wide variety to make sure your child gets the full array of nutrients.
Yields – 20 – 25 Mini pancakes
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time – 2 minutes (4 -5 pancakes/batch)
- Whole wheat flour-1cup
- Baking powder-1tsp
- Baking soda-1/2tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Milk-1cup (adjust as per the consistency of batter)
- Butter milk/greek yogurt-1/4cup
- Maple syrup/honey-2tbsp
- Vanilla essence-2tsp
- Vegetable oil-2tbsp
- Thinly sliced bananas-2medium
- Blueberries/Any berries/Fruits
- Maple syrup/Honey
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- Whisk greek yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, vegetable oil in another bowl.
For the batter:
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients and stir until just blended.
To make pancakes:
- Heat a griddle or a non-stick pan over medium high heat and spray some oil.
- When it is medium hot, pour a tablespoon full of batter on the griddle (4-5 pancakes per batch or as per the size of the griddle) and quickly top with a banana slice.
- Flip after about 15-20 seconds or when several bubbles have formed in the batter.
- Cook on the other side for another 20-30 seconds, and then set the pancakes aside until assembled.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- You can serve pancakes topped with fruits and maple syrup/honey as it is
For assemble/to serve:
- Stack 2 – 3 Pancakes as desired
- Pierce a toothpick OR Skewers and include a fruit of choice for an additional layer of awesomeness
- Drizzle some Honey or Maple Syrup
Serve as a breakfast OR even for kid’s parties
- Fancy the fruit topping as per choice (I have topped with Blue berries, Grapes and Fruit jelly)
Posted on June 12, 2015, in Kids recipes and tagged banana mini pancakes, Kids breakfast ideas, Kids colourful recipes, kids fun recipes, Kids party ideas, Mini pancakes, Pancake recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 34 Comments.