Today we have a nice and simple recipe for you, a paleo sweet potato fries recipe. Although fries are simple to make it can be a little trickier to create a flavorful and tasty fry. The fries are seasoned perfectly and they do not contain any ingredients you could not have if living the Paleo lifestyle. They are so delicious you won’t be able to stop consuming them!
You’ll love these crispy, crunchy sweet potato fries as a simple snack or an awesome side to burgers and sandwiches. Grab the three ingredients needed, a handful of your favorite spices and get bakin’ these fabulous un-fried treats
Sweet potatoes contain almost twice as much fiber as other types of potatoes. The high fiber content gives them a “slow burning” quality. This basically means their caloric energy is used more slowly and efficiently than a low-fiber carbohydrate
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2tsp paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Corn starch/flour
For the Fries:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil/cooking oil
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut off the ends. With a very sharp knife, cut the potatoes into thin slices about 1/4 inch wide.
- Cut into even thin pieces. The more evenly thick you can cut them, the more even they will bake.
- Put them in a bowl of water and let them soak for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse well and then thoroughly pat them dry with paper towel. Make sure you get as much water off as you can.
- Combine seasoning ingredients in a small bowl along with corn flour and set aside.
- Next put them in a Ziploc bag with 1-2 tsp of oil and seasoning then shake to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and place a cooling rack on top of it. Lay the potatoes on the cooling rack so that they are not touching.
- Bake at 200 degree C (Fan assisted) for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Seasonings can be personalised a s per the taste.