Soya chunks brown rice
Soya is a really good source of protein. Soya chunks are an excellent source of high protein and fibrous food.
Preparation time: 10 -12 mins
Total time: 40 -45 mins
• Brown basmati rice cooked- 1cup
• Soya chunks- 1cup
• Finely chopped carrrot-1num
• Finely chopped onion-1num
• Finely chopped cabbage-1/2cup
• Finely chopped spring onion greens-1/2cup
• Garlic finely chopped-2tbsp
• Soya sauce-2tsp
• Chilli sauce-1tbsp
• White pepper powder- as per taste.
Marinade soya chunks:
• Plain flour-1tbsp
• Corn flour-2tbsp
• Ginger garlic paste-2tsp
• Chilli powder-1tsp
• Salt- as per taste
• Oil-1tbsp+ 1tsp
• Boil water in a vessel. When it starts to boil, add soya chunks; Switch off the flame and set aside for 4-5minutes.
• Drain the water and pass cold water on the chunks and squeeze all the water from soya.
• In a bowl add corn flour, plain flour, ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, salt, oil and mix to the smooth paste, add soya chunks to this paste and mix gently. Set aside for 5minutes.
• Cook brown rice with salt , enough water and drain excess water and set aside.( brown rice takes more time to cook than white rice )
• Heat oil in a pan – shallow fry the soya chunks until they are slightly crisp. Remove the fried soya chunks to a plate.
• In the same pan heat 1tbsp oil add onion, garlic, carrot, capsicum, spring onion, cabbage and stir fry on high heat for a minute.
• Add cooked rice soya sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce, and white pepper powder stir fry again for 2minutes.
• Finally garnish with spring onion greens and mix well.
Serve hot with side dish of your choice/ ketchup.
• You can deep fry soya chunks if your not concerned with using oil in your diet.
• You can even bake the marinated soya chunks in the oven for 15-20minutes at 200deg on a baking tray.