Oats porridge with berries and nuts
The oats have a very low G.I., meaning that the carbohydrate is released into your bloodstream slowly and therefore will sustain your energy levels and help prevent those 11 o’clock food cravings. What’s more, studies show that a bowl of porridge can lower cholesterol.
• Rolled oats-1cup
• Fresh/ frozen berries-1/4cup
• Roughly Chopped almonds-2tbsp
• Roughly chopped pistachios-2tbsp
• Roughly chopped-walnuts-2tbsp
• Roughly chopped dry coconut-1tbsp
• Bring water to boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Add salt and oats and reduce the heat to the lowest flame. Stir occasionally to be sure that the grains don’t stick on the bottom.
• Meanwhile pop the nuts and dry coconut on to the baking tray and roast in the oven at 160deg for 5minutes (you can do dry roast it on the stove top in a pan as well)
• Ladle into bowls and top with honey, berries, and nuts
• If your using frozen berries defrost before serving or they will make the porridge cold.
• Roasting nuts is optional & you can use raw nuts as well.
Posted on April 13, 2014, in Breakfast, Breakfast, Indian, International and tagged BERRIES, drchdietfood, nuts, oats Porridge, Porridge with nuts. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment