Whole wheat bread sticks
These bread sticks are great for the whole family to round out a supper or as a snack by themselves or with a dipping sauce. These bread sticks are more nutritious, quicker to make and still flavourful.
Makes: 12-14 sticks
Baking time: 12-15minutes
• Whole wheat flour-1 3/4cup
• warm water-3/4 -1cup
• olive oil-2tbsp
• Italian herbs-1tsp
• Garlic powder-2tsp
• Salt-as per taste.
• Combine yeast,honey and warm water in a bowl. Mix until combined and let it sit for 10-15minutes/ until frothy.
• As yeast mixture is ready add oil, salt, garlic powder and mix well.
• Then add the flour and mix until the dough forms. Knead for 5-7minutes.
• Grease a bowl with oil and swirl the dough into it so that its coated with oil. Rest it for 1 ½-2hours in the warm palce/ until the dough doubles in size.
• Grease and line the baking tray and pre-heat the oven at 220deg.
• As the dough doubles transfer it to the floured surface and knead it again for 5 more minutes
• Roll out the dough into 8×8 rectangle shape and brush the rolled dough with oil/butter and with the help of knife/ pizza cutter cut into strips.
• Place the strips on baking tray 2” apart, and let it rise in a warm place for 15-20minutes.
• bake it for 11-12minutes at 220deg c.
• sprinkle some herbs and serve with dip/sauces.
• You can also use white flour or combination of both
• You can also top it with minced garlic and butter/ cheese as per your taste