Low fat Raspberry Cheese cake
This is such a smooth, rich tasting dessert, which is low fat. Fresh raspberries bits along with crunchy crust takes this desert to next level.
Preparation time: 15mins
Baking time: 30mins
For the crust:
• Biscuit digestive, crushed – 12 to 14
• Almonds coarsely crushed -1/4cup (optional)
• Margarine/Low fat butter-2tbsp
For the cheese mixture:
• Low fat cream cheese-250g
• Natural greek style yogurt-200g
• Vanilla essence-1tsp
• Lemon juice-2tsp
• Corn starch-2tbsp
• Raspberry jam-1/4cup
• pre-heat oven at 180deg c. grease and line 8 inch baking pan.
• Mix together crushed biscuits, almonds and margarine with fork until evenly moistened. Press this mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
• Gently beat cream cheese, yogurt, corn flour, sugar until smooth and gradually beat in yogurt, vanilla essence, lemon juice.( Do not over beat)
• Pour this mixture over the biscuit crust.
• Bake for 25-30mins or until centre is almost set. Cool to room temperature.
• Stir the jam until smooth and spread over the surface and let it set in the refrigerator for few hours/ overnight.
• I used homemade fresh raspberry fruit jam with no added sugar. However you can use any Jam of your choice, which are available from Store.
• I used stevia sugar for the cream cheese layer so this can be diabetic friendly as well
Posted on April 28, 2014, in Dessert, International, Kids recipes and tagged Low fat Cheese Cake, Raspberry cheese cake low fat. drchdietfood. Bookmark the permalink. 17 Comments.
Reblogged this on Chitra's Healthy Kitchen and commented:
Love this low calorie Raspberry desert…
What time are you serving this? I’ll be right over! I wish! 🙂 Looks and sounds good. Bookmarking this recipe too.
That’s so nice to know..Please come over I will make it again
LikeLiked by 1 person
MmmmMmM…cheese cake :9
Thanx Andy for your compliments. ..:)
Thanx Namrata. ….
these look seriously delicious. beautifully photographed!
So nice to hear that…Glad you liked it
It looks very yummy Chitra 🙂
Thanx Linda for your compliments. ….
Looks tempting Chitra. Cheese cake is all time favourite for me. I prepared it with Strawberry sauce topping, http://jayeetacha.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/new-york-cheesecake-with-strawberry-sauce-topping/, though my version was not a low fat one. 😉
Good one friend…Thanks for the link
YAY!!!!! I’m really excited to try this!!
Look forward to hear your feedback…Thanks