Low fat Raspberry Cheese cake
This is such a smooth, rich tasting dessert, which is low fat. Fresh raspberries bits along with crunchy crust takes this desert to next level.
Preparation time: 15mins
Baking time: 30mins
For the crust:
• Biscuit digestive, crushed – 12 to 14
• Almonds coarsely crushed -1/4cup (optional)
• Margarine/Low fat butter-2tbsp
For the cheese mixture:
• Low fat cream cheese-250g
• Natural greek style yogurt-200g
• Vanilla essence-1tsp
• Lemon juice-2tsp
• Corn starch-2tbsp
• Raspberry jam-1/4cup
• pre-heat oven at 180deg c. grease and line 8 inch baking pan.
• Mix together crushed biscuits, almonds and margarine with fork until evenly moistened. Press this mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
• Gently beat cream cheese, yogurt, corn flour, sugar until smooth and gradually beat in yogurt, vanilla essence, lemon juice.( Do not over beat)
• Pour this mixture over the biscuit crust.
• Bake for 25-30mins or until centre is almost set. Cool to room temperature.
• Stir the jam until smooth and spread over the surface and let it set in the refrigerator for few hours/ overnight.
• I used homemade fresh raspberry fruit jam with no added sugar. However you can use any Jam of your choice, which are available from Store.
• I used stevia sugar for the cream cheese layer so this can be diabetic friendly as well