Thin crust Pizza on Tawa/Pan (Oven free baking)
We often make pizza in oven, but how about doing the same on stove top. It’s a very simple and can be made quickly. To make the food fibre rich have used wheat flour, Wheat Bran & Oats instead of regular refined flours.
Makes: 2 medium pizzas
Cooking time: 40mins
• Whole wheat flour- 2cup
• Ground oats-1/4cup
• Wheat bran-1/4cup
• Salt-as per taste
• Garlic powder-1tbsp
• Olive oil-2tbsp
• Baking powder-1tsp
• Warm water-1cup as required
For pizza topping:
• Pizza sauce-1/2cup
• Chopped/sliced capsicum-1num
• Chopped/sliced onion-1num
• Sweet Corn – ¼ cup
• Low fat grated mozzarella cheese-for topping
• Mixed hearbs-1/2tsp
• Chilli flakes-1/2tsp
For pizza dough:
• In a bowl add wheat flour, ground oats, bran flakes, baking powder, salt, garlic powder mix well.
• Add in oil, yogurt and combine well to form crumbs
• Add water and mix the flour to form dough.
• Knead the dough for 5-7mins until it becomes soft. Rest the dough for 20-30mins.
• Mean while prepare the topping – heat a tbsp of oil in a pan
• Add onion, capsicum and corn saute for 4-5mins with salt, dried herbs and set aside.
• Divide the dough to two and make round ball.
• With the help of the dry flour, roll into 10-12inch diameter thin circle
• Pre-heat the Pan or Tawa on stove top
• Place the rolled pizza base and cover it and cook for 2-3mins or until the lower side gets little brown.
• Flip it upside down and reduce the flame to minimum.
• Then spread the pizza sauce and add toppings
• Sprinkle cheese, olives & chilli flakes as per your taste.
• Cover pizza and cook for about 6-7mins on medium flame until cheese is melted and the lower side gets little brown.
• Once the sauce and topping is done cook Pizza on a medium low flame for even cooking.
• Toppings can be done as per your choice
• You can even use half wheat flour and half white/plain flour
• You can just use wheat flour and skip oats and bran
Posted on April 26, 2014, in International, Main Course and tagged Baking free Pizza, drchdietfood, Low calorie Pizza, Pan baked pizza, Pizza without using oven, Pizza without yeast, Vegetarian Pizza, Yeast free baking. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.