Spicy Mint and Oats – Snack/Chaat
This healthy oats & mint combination can be served for breakfast, who like spicy foods. It can also serve as a snack during evening or weekends.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
• Oats -1cup
• Finely chopped onion – 1num
• Finely chopped mint -1/4cup
• Finely chopped chillies -3 to 4 num
• Oil – 3tsp
• Urad dal – 1tsp
• Curry leaves – 5 to 6
• Mustard seeds – 1tsp
• Turmeric – 1/2tsp
• Salt – as per taste.
• Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, when it crackle, add urad dal, curry leaves, green chillies, mint and saute for a minute.
• Add onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
• Then add oats and fry for a minute and then add in salt, turmeric mix well and let it cook on a medium flame for a minute stirring continuously.
• Add ½-3/4 cup hot water, cover and cook on a slow flame for about 5-7minutes, stirring occasionally.
• If you don’t like the flavour of mint just skip and use any other vegetables or Greens of your choice
• You can either blend mint and chillies or finely chop them