Spicy Mint and Oats – Snack/Chaat
This healthy oats & mint combination can be served for breakfast, who like spicy foods. It can also serve as a snack during evening or weekends.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
• Oats -1cup
• Finely chopped onion – 1num
• Finely chopped mint -1/4cup
• Finely chopped chillies -3 to 4 num
• Oil – 3tsp
• Urad dal – 1tsp
• Curry leaves – 5 to 6
• Mustard seeds – 1tsp
• Turmeric – 1/2tsp
• Salt – as per taste.
• Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, when it crackle, add urad dal, curry leaves, green chillies, mint and saute for a minute.
• Add onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
• Then add oats and fry for a minute and then add in salt, turmeric mix well and let it cook on a medium flame for a minute stirring continuously.
• Add ½-3/4 cup hot water, cover and cook on a slow flame for about 5-7minutes, stirring occasionally.
• If you don’t like the flavour of mint just skip and use any other vegetables or Greens of your choice
• You can either blend mint and chillies or finely chop them
Posted on April 26, 2014, in Breakfast, Breakfast, Indian, International, Starters and tagged drchdietfood, Oats chats, Oats snack. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Yummy & Healthy! Thank you for posting!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanx a ton Cindy. ….