Eggless Spicy Oats pistachio muffins
A handful of pistachio nuts a day can help destroy bad cholesterol, ward off heart disease and prevent cancer, say scientists. The nuts are full of antioxidants that protect cells from damage by harmful chemicals, called ‘free radicals’.
Healthy & Sugar free spicy muffins.
Makes: 6 muffins
Baking time: 14-16mins
Preparation time: 15mins
• Ground oats-1cup
• Cinnamon powder-1/2tsp
• Ground flaxseed (Linseed)-2tbsp
• Nutmeg powder-1/4tsp
• Ginger powder-1/2tsp
• Cumin powder-1/2tsp
• Baking soda-1/2tsp
• Baking powder-1tsp
• Salt-as per taste
• Thick butter milk-1cup
• Olive oil-1/4cup
• Roasted, coarsely chopped pistachios-1/2cup
• Low fat cheese-2tbsp
• Pre-heat the oven at 180c line or spray 6 muffin tin and set aside.
• In a small bowl combine 1/4cup warm water and ground flaxseed and let it stand for 5-10mins
• In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients except Flaxseed.
• In a small bowl whisk the wet ingredients and flaxseed–water mixture and mix well.
• Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just blended. Gently add in pistachios.
• Divide batter equally among the muffin cases.
• Top it with cheese and roughly chopped olives and bake at 180c for 14-16mins OR until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
• Let it cool in pan for 5mins and transfer to the rack.
Serve warm or cold as per your choice.
• Spices can be varied according to your taste.
• If you are spice lover enjoy this with chilli sauce and it tastes awesome.
Posted on May 13, 2014, in Breakfast, Breakfast, Indian, International and tagged drchdietfood, Oats Muffins, Oats Pistachio Muffins, Spicy muffins. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment