Brown rice veg pulao with wholemeal bread
Flavourful pulao is cooked with blend of spices and mint.
Vegetable pulao is a versatile dish that can be altered according to your own innovation. You can use any combination of vegetables and spices. So the pulao recipe here is the customised using healthy ingredients like brown Basmati instead of regular white basmati rice. No potatoes used and to add extra taste topped with toasted brown bread.
Cooking time: 25mins
Preparation time: 20mins
• Brown rice-1cup
• Chopped onion-1num
• Chopped carrot-1num
• Chopped capsicum-1num
• Frozen/fresh peas-1/2cup
• Chopped beans-1/2cup
• Oil-2tsp +for shallow frying bread
• Salt-as per taste
• Brown bread slices- 4
• Mint leaves-1/2cup
• Coriander leaves-2tbsp
• Grated dry coconut-3tbsp
• Green chillies- 4-5num
• Clean and soak rice for an hour. Drain and set aside.
• Throw all the ingredients mentioned under ‘ to grind’ in the mixer/blender and ground to coarse paste and set aside.
• Heat oil in the pressure cooker add clove, chopped onions and saute for 2-3min/until onions are translucent.
• Then add all the vegetables and fry the veggies are half cooked.
• Add the ground paste and saute for few 3-4mins.
• Add soaked and drained rice fry for 2-3mins and add 21/2cup water, salt mix well close the lid of the cooker and pressure cook for 3-4whistles.
• Meanwhile cut bread into small cubes and roast them until golden brown by drizzling some olive oil. (you can even use ghee/butter).
• Then once the rice is cooked and steam is released open the lid and mix fried bread pieces.
• Garnish with cashews.
Serve hot with Raita/yogurt.
• Different combinations of vegetables can be done as per your preference.
• You can even use white bread or soya chunks.
• You can even deep fry bread slices that makes bread even more crispier
Posted on May 18, 2014, in Indian, International, Main Course, Main dish and tagged Bread Pulao, Bread whole wheat, Brown rice recipe, drchdietfood, Healthy Vegetarian Pulao, Indian whole wheat bread recipes, indianrecipe, Indianvegrecipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment