Whole wheat pasta in spinach sauce (no cheese and cream)
Walnuts are high in protein, vitamin, omega 3 fatty acids.
Adding spinach to the pasta turns pasta a vibrant green colour, it is healthy, rich in iron boosts up nutritional value of pasta. In addition to an impressive amount of vitamin k, is rich in fiber as whole wheat pasta is used.
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 20mins
• Whole wheat pasta-200gms
• Spinach-150gms (blanched)
• Chopped garlic-1tbsp
• Chopped Green chilli-1tbsp
• Chopped onion-1num
• Chopped tomato-2num
• Chopped green capsicum-1num
• Cleaned and chopped mushrooms-10num
• Salt-as per taste
• Pepper powder-1/2tsp
• Dried herbs-1/2tsp
• Low fat milk-1/2cup
• Olive oil-1tbsp
• Roughly crushed walnuts-1/4cup
• Boil the pasta in salted water for 5-7mins, till its al dente. Drain and set aside
• Heat oil in a pan , add onions, tomato and saute for minutes.
• Add chopped garlic, green chilli and spinach and mix well and remove from the flame.
• Transfer the sauted mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, adding milk.
• Heat oil in a non- stick pan add chopped capsicum, mushrooms saute for 4-5mins.
• Then add the blended sauce and cooked pasta mix well and cook for 3-4mins/ until the pasta is coated well with sauce.
• Add chopped walnuts, salts, pepper powder mix well.
• Sprinkle dried herbs and serve hot.
• You can even use cream instead of milk.
• Chilli flakes can be used in place of green chilli
• Just to retain the greenness used green capsicum/bell peppers. You can use any color.
Posted on May 21, 2014, in Breakfast, International, Main Course, Salad/Wraps and tagged Cheese free Pasta, drchdietfood, Healthy Spinach Pasta, Indo Italian Cuisine. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.