Baked Katori potato chaat stuffed with chickpeas
These are perfect for snacks and goes well with any filling of your choice like Avocado, tomato, onion, cream or cheese. Makes a good lip smacking chaat item. So I tried with green chutney, sweet chutney and chickpeas.
Makes: 10-12 bowls
Baking time: 25-30mins
• Large potatoes-6num
• Salt-as per taste
• Carom seeds-1tsp
• Corn flour-1tbsp
• Chilli flakes/ powder-1/2tsp
• Cooked chickpea-1cup (soaked overnight and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles)
• Finely chopped tomatoes-2num
• Finely chopped onions-1num
• Mint chutney-2tbsp
• Sweet chutney-2tbsp
• Chopped coriander-2-3tbsp
• Salt- as per taste
• Roasted and chopped nuts-1/4cup (walnuts, almonds, pista)
• Sev- for garnishing (optional)
• In a large saucepan boil unpeeled potatoes with enough water over high heat till it is just cooked ~ about 20mins.
• Drain water and let it cool (refrigerate for an hour to cool the potatoes faster)
• Pre-heat oven for 180 deg c
• Lightly grease 12cups of your muffin sheet
• Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes
• Toss potatoes with salt, carom seeds, chilli powder/ flakes, corn flour in a bowl mix well
• Place 2 heaped tsp of potato mixture and press against bottom and upsides. Bake the potato bowls until edges are dark golden for about 20-25mins
• Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tray for 10mins
• Then carefully remove from the muffin tray and place on the kitchen towel until it completely cooled
• These bowls can be made ahead and re-heated for more crispiness
• To re-heat: place potato bowls on a clean, large baking sheet and bake until heated through and crisp for about 6-8mins in pre-heated oven at 180deg c.
• Transfer the potato bowl on to the platter and serve with the filling.
• In a bowl combine chickpea, tomato, onion, salt and mix well.
• Stuff the potato bowl with chickpea mixture sprinkle some green chutney, sweet chutney, nuts, finally sev and coriander.
Ready to serve
• You can even deep fry them (oven free cooking) by using 2 tea strainers – – place each portion of mashed grated potatoes on metal tea strainer and top with another strainer. Hold firmly and deep fry in oil on medium flame till basket is golden brown. This may add few calories more to your diet.
Do not press the mixture too hard it might break/ create hole while baking.
• You can even reduce the proportion to half for 6 baskets.
• You can even use mini muffin tray
Posted on May 26, 2014, in Indian, Main dish, Side dish and tagged Baked Karoti potato chaat, Baked Katori chaat, drchdietfood, Healthy Chaats, Indian Katori Chaats, indian vegetarian recipe, Indianchaats, indianrecipe, Indiansnack, Karoti potato chaat, Potato. Bookmark the permalink. 14 Comments.