Capsicum masala rice topped with flaxseeds
Capsicum masala rice is made with a blend of indian spices and peanuts.
Flaxseed (or linseed) helps reduce cholesterol and improve blood sugar levels for diabetics. The reason why it’s a Superfood is because flax is very high in dietary fiber, it’s a plant-based source of omega 3 fatty acids, and a high source of lignans
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
• Brown rice -1cup
• Sliced capsicums-3-4
• Sliced onion-1num
• Mustard seeds-1/2tsp
• Oil-2tsp • Roasted peanuts-2tbspgrated dry coconut-1/4cup
• Red chillies-3 slit
• Urad dal-1tbsp
• Channa dal- 1tbsp
• Cinnamon-1inch stick
• Pepper corns-4
• Curry leaves-4-5
• Salt- as per taste Garnishing
• Dry roasted and crushed flaxseed-2tbsp
• Chopped coriander- 1tbsp
• Prepare the rice and let it cool completely
• In a non- stick pan dry roast Urad, Channa dal, red chillies, clove , cinnamon, pepper corns, curry leaves until the dal are slightly brown. Let it cool
• Transfer the roasted ingredients to the mixer / blender jar add roasted peanuts, grated coconut and ground it to fine powder and set aside
• Heat oil in the pan add mustard seeds as it splutters add sliced onion saute until translucent and then add sliced capsicums and saute fro 3-4 minutes
• Add ground powder, salt and mix well
• Then add cooked brown rice and combine with the spice mixture.
• Turn off the flame, cover the lid and let it sit for 5 minutes
• Add roasted flaxseed mix well. Garnish with coriander.
Serve hot with raita.
• I love the capsicums crunchy so didn’t saute them for long if you want your capsicums to be completely cooked saute for few more minutes.
• You can even add roasted cashews/ peanuts
Posted on June 6, 2014, in Indian, Main dish and tagged Bulgur, Bulgur Rice Recipe, Bulgur wheat, Bulgur wheat recipe, capsicum, capsicum rice, drchdietfood, Falxseed, indianrecipe, Linseed, Vegetarianrecipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.