Nuts and Flaxseed Pesto Pasta
It is a dry version of dry salad, which is crunchy & healthy. If you like the creamy version go ahead and add Cream of your choice, which might add few calories …
Walnuts and ground flaxseeds are especially rich in omega-3 fats, which lower inflammation throughout your body.
The good news about nuts and seeds is that eating the right portion can help you loose or maintain weight and they can also stabilize your blood sugar levels. improve your cholesterol and triglycerides, which may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Cooking time: 20mins (including cooking time of pasta)
Preparation time: 10mins
• Whole wheat pasta -450g
• Roasted peanuts-2tbsp
• Roasted and flaxseed/linseed-2tbsp
• Crushed pepper-1/4tsp
• Olive oil-3-4tbsp
• Roughly torn basil-a handful
• Low fat mozzarella cheese-100gms
• Salt- as per taste
• Cook pasta as per package instructions drain and set aside
• Meanwhile put the walnuts, almonds, peanuts, flaxseed, garlic in a food processor and whizz until finely crushed
• Then add basil, cheese, oil, salt and pepper; pulse a few more times
• In a bowl add ground pesto, cooked pasta and give it a toss
• Top it with nuts
• For spice I used green chilli so if you wish to add 3-4while blending nuts
• Feel free to use Nuts/Seeds of your choice
• Crunchy vegetables like Capsicum, Cherry tomatoes, Zucchini
Posted on June 7, 2014, in International, Main Course and tagged drchdietfood, flaxseed, Flaxseed Pesto Pasta, Nuts Pesto Pasta, Pesto, Pesto Pasta, vegetarian recipes, Whole wheat Pasta, Whole wheat Pesto Pasta. Bookmark the permalink. 15 Comments.