Baked Jalapeno peppers
Baked jalapeno peppers are easy, delicious appetizer, perfect for snacks. This recipe is healthy alternative to the fried version. It goes well with Pizza & good to try during weekend for family get to gathers’.
Preparation time: 15mins
Baking time: 20-25mins
• Low fat Herbed cream cheese- 1/3cup
• Low fat Mozzarella cheese- 1/3 cup
For crumb coat:
• Milk-as required
• Plain flour-1/4cup
• Corn flour-1tbsp
• Garlic powder-1/2tsp
• Pepper powder-1/2tsp
• Bread crumbs- as required
• Oil-to brush the jalapenos
• Pre-heat the oven at 180deg c, grease and line the baking tray
• Halve the jalapenos lengthwise and carefully deseed them
• In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, Ricotta cheese/grated Paneer, mozzarella cheese .spoon the mixture into each halved jalapenos
• In the small bowl add plain flour, milk, garlic powder, pepper powder mix well and make the batter by adding milk.
• Dip the stuffed jalapenos in the batter and then roll it in the crumbs, repeat this process again (dip again in the batter and roll in the bread crumbs) so doing it twice helps even coating.
• Then place the coated jalapenos on the baking tray and bake it for 25-30mins / until golden at 180deg c.
• You can even deep fry it but it adds more calorie to your dish.
• Feel free to select stuffing cream of your choice
• For Vegan option you can use scrambled Tofu with spices
• Bread crumbs coating is optional
Posted on June 8, 2014, in Appetizers, International and tagged Baked Jalapeno, drchdietfood, Jalapeno recipe, Stuffed Jalapeno recipe. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
You are so brave to eat jalapeno peppers! I am impressed Chitra!
Haa haa…Me and My husband love to eat bit of hot food..so this served as a good evening snack on weekend