Schezwan sauce is a treat for spice lovers. It is a delicious Indo-Chinese sauce made with tasty and spicy blends of Garlic redchilli and Vinegar. It can be used in any chiness dishes like noodles, fried rice etc.,
Makes: 1/2 cup
Preparation time: 5 minutes
• Whole dry Kashmiri chilli-10-12num
• Coriander – Handful fresh leaves
• White vinegar-3-4tbsp
• Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
• Tomato puree/ketchup-2tbsp (optional)
• Salt- 1/2tsp
• Olive/sesame oil-2tbsp
• Soak dry red chillies in hot water for 3-4hrs.
• Then drain out all the water and blend all the ingredients except oil in a blender to a fine paste.
• Heat oil in a pan to smoking point turn off the flame and add in chilli –garlic paste and mix well.
• Let it cool down completely and store in a air-tight container.
• Using tomato puree/ketchup is optional.
• I used coriander stems just for the flavour.