Schezwan Veg Noodles
A very quick and easy to make one of the famous Indo-Chinese recipe. This dish is a simple stir fry of boiled noodles with veggies seasoned with sauces to taste. The noodles mostly get their flavor from red chili and garlic paste as compared to soy sauce. The schezwan sauce hotness and color of the paste depends on the variety of dry chillies (Kashmiri chili is the best) and once you make that sauce, it can be used in a lot of ways.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 – 30 minutes
- Brown Spaghetti/Noodles – 200 gms
- Julienned Onion – 1num
- Julienned Cabbage – 1/2 cup
- Julienned Carrot – 1num
- Julienned Capsicum -1num
- Chopped Spring onion white -1/2 cup
- Chopped Spring onion green – ¼ cup + For garnishing
- Chopped Garlic – 2 cloves
- Soya sauce-1 tbsp
- Vinegar-1 tbsp
- Schezwan sauce-1/4 cup (OR as spice desired)
- Ground Pepper – ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Olive oil-1 tbsp
- Boil water in a deep bottomed pan. When the water starts boiling with bubbles, add the noodles. Sprinkle salt and 2 tsp oil. Cover the lid and boil on medium flame.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes and keep opening at intervals to check if the noodles have cooked. Once done, strain the noodles and wash with cold water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic, onions, capsicum and carrot. Cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add spring onion white and green, cabbage, salt and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Now add Soya sauce, Schezwan sauce, Vinegar and black pepper powder in the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute and then add the boiled noodles.
- Mix well so that the sauce and spices are coated well and until heated through.
Garnish with Spring onion greens and serve hot
- Combination of vegetables can be personalised as per choice
- Noodles can be used alternative to Spaghetti