Schezwan fried rice (Indo – Chinese)
It is hot and spicy Indo-Chinese dish. Perfect with a sidedish like pepper babycorn. The vegetables are cooked to tender so it retains its crunchiness. It is tossed with different sauces to provide the multi cuisine taste
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes (including cooking time of rice)
• Brown rice- 1 cup
• Slit green chilli- 3 num
• Chopped garlic- 1 tbsp
• Thinly sliced/chopped onion- 1 num
• Thinly sliced/chopped carrots- 1 num
• Thinly sliced/chopped french beans/snow peas- 1/2 cup
• Thinly sliced/ chopped cabbage- 1/2 cup
• Thinly sliced/chopped capsicum- 1 num
• Shredded spring onion greens- 1/2 cup+ a handful for garnishing
• Shredded spring onion white- 1/2 cup
• Soya sauce- 1 tbsp
• Chilli sauce- 1 tbsp
• Schezwan sauce- 2 tbsp (as per spice requirement)
• Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp
• Vinegar- 2 tsp
• Salt- as required
• Sesame oil/ any oil- 1 tbsp
• Wash and soak brown rice for 30 minutes to 1 hour. (This helps the rice to cook faster).
• Boil enough water in the large pot and cook the rice until fluffy (about-18-20 minutes)
• Once cooked, spread the rice on a plate; add 1-2 tsp of oil mix and let the rice cool then separate each grain with a help of fork.
Stir fry vegetables:
• Heat oil in the wok to smoking hot and then reduce the heat to medium high, add garlic, green chillies and saute for few seconds.
• Immediately add onions, spring onion white saute for a minute.
• Then add carrots, beans, capsicum and saute for a minute or two. (vegetables should be crunchy, make sure not to overcook them)
• Add in cabbage,spring onion greens, schezwan sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and give it a good toss. Make sure the veggies are coated evenly with sauce.
• Now add the cooked rice and mix them well so that each grain is coated well with sauce. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes till each grain is heated through.
• Finally turn off the heat and toss in the shredded spring onion greens
Enjoy this with Pepper babycorn:
• You can make this with white rice as well.
• Make sure not to overcook the vegetables as it has to retain the crunchiness and colour.
• Schezwan fried rice really spicy but you can make it spicy or mild as per your preference
Posted on June 9, 2014, in Indian, International, Main Course, Main dish and tagged Chinese brown fried rice, drchdietfood, Fried brown rice, Indo-Chinese cuisine, Schezwan Fried rice, Vegetarian fried rice. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.
I am droooling now .. it is yummmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Thanks for visiting the site and your positive feedback. I glanced thru your blog and you have amazing skill of presenting very minute details. Good to know you. Take care
I am bookmarking this now!
So sweet of you Dimple…you made my day
I love these rice pilaf dishes, scallions are so aromatic and flavorful. I’m really hooked on Indian and Afghani basmati rice. Delicious!
So nice to know you like rice dishes..Thanks for your visit..
Pingback: Indo chinese vegetable curry | Chitra's Healthy Kitchen
Pingback: Pepper babycorn fry | Chitra's Healthy Kitchen