Roti – Multigrain spring onion
The latest dietary guidelines advise us to eat at least three servings of whole grains every day, which can help prevent things like heart disease, certain cancers, and type 2 diabetes. In other words, at least half of all the grains that you eat should be whole grain.
Whole grains are generally good sources of dietary fiber; most refined (processed) grains contain little fiber. Dietary fiber from whole grains, as part of an overall healthy diet, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease. Fiber containing foods such as whole grains help provide a feeling of fullness with fewer calories and so may help with weight management.
Cooking time: 20 mins
• Powdered oats-1/2cup
• Ragi flour-1/2cup
• Bajra flour-2tbsp
• Rice flour-2tbsp
• Fine semolina-2tbsp
• Finely chopped onion-1num
• Finely chopped spring onion white and green-1/2cup
• Grated cabbage-1/4cup
• Finely chopped capsicum-1num
• Coriander- Handful finely chopped fresh leaves
• Ginger garlic paste-1tbsp
• Red chilli powder-1tsp
• Cumin powder-1tsp
• Salt-as per taste
• Oil- to toast roti
• In a wide mixing bowl add onion, spring onion greens-white, capsicum, cabbage, salt mix and set aside for 5-10minutes
• Then add all the flours, flax meal, chilli powder, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste and start adding warm water little by little and knead it nicely to form dough. The dough should be easy to spread.(bit smoother than the Chapati dough)
• Grease a foil/ parchment paper grease with oil take a orange sized dough and pat it evenly with your hand to a thin circle.( wet your hands in-between with water to ease the patting.
• Heat a griddle, transfer the rolled roti on to the tava cooked for 30sec and carefully flip to the other side and cook
• Pour some oil all over the roti, cover and cook till it becomes slightly brown colour keep flipping in-between and cook on a medium high heat.
• Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
Serve hot with pickle/yogurt/ any dips.
• Can add grated carrot/ beetroot or any veggie of your choice
• The dough will be little sticky because if you find difficult to pat cover another piece of parchment/foil on top and pat it.
• Can replace bajra flour with sorghum flour/ Jowar flour