Vegetable Schezwan Poha
Poha is a very nutritious recipe, its nothing but flattened rice. Poha is prepared in different styles and using different condiments. It is recognized as one of the healthy brunch. Addition of vegetables makes it much healthier and tastier and it makes a one pot meal. When I am in hurry and want to make some quick recipe for lunch or dinner I make this. As my family loves indo-chinese I tried to convert vegetable poha to indo-chinese by adding sauce.
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-10 – 12 minutes
- Medium poha/aval- 2cups
- Chopped spring onion white -1/4cup
- Chopped spring onion greens-1/4cup +for garnishing
- Finely chopped carrot-1medium
- Finely chopped cabbage-1/2cup
- Finely chopped green beans-1/2cup
- Cleaned and sliced mushrooms-8-10
- Slit chillies-3
- Chopped garlic-3
- Chopped ginger-1inch piece
- Soy sauce-2tsp
- Schezwan sauce-2-3tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Rinse and wash the poha thoroughly and soak with enough water for 2-3 minutes, drain water completely and set aside.
- Chop all the veggies and set ready.
For schezwan poha:
- Heat oil in a wok/pan add ginger, garlic, slit chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add in spring onion white, carrots, beans, mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, spring onion greens, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, schezwan sauce and saute for another 4-5 minutes or until veggies are tender but crispy.
- Add soaked and drained poha to the pan mix gently, cover the lid and simmer for few minutes until heated through and poha is coated well with the sauce.
- Turn off the flame- finally garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot with ketchup.
Home made Schezwan Sauce:
- The cooking time and soaking time may vary depending on the type of poha.
- Sauces and combination of veggies can be personalised as per the taste.
- I left my veggies bit crispier – feel free to cook longer if you want your veggies completely cooked.