2 in 1 : Schezwan Noodles and Rice combo
This is a fusion indo-chinese recipe.I have used both rice and noodles sauted with vegetables and homemade schezwan sauce..
This serves great for lunch/dinner.
Preparation time-30 minutes
Cooking time-15 minutes
- Cooked Rice-2 cups (Used brown rice)
- Boiled Noodles-1 cup
- Thinly sliced carrots-1
- Chopped spring onion white-1/2 cup
- Chopped spring onion greens-1/4 cup
- Shredded cabbage-1/2 cup
- Schezwan sauce-1/4 cup
- Minced garlic-2tsp
- Minced ginger-1tsp
- Soy sauce-2tsp
- Salt- to taste
For garnish :
- Spring onion greens
- Heat the oil in a wok or a broad saucepan, till it smokes add in ginger, garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add the spring onions, cabbage and carrots and saute on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the schezwan sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice, noodles and salt, soy sauce, vinegar mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3minutes/until heated through.
- Once heated through turn off the flame and garnish with green onions.
Serve this with:
- I used red rice- white rice/brown rice or any rice can be used alternatively.
- Cooking Brown rice– Rinse and soak rice for 20-30 minutes. After soaking drain. Boil water in a large pot add in soaked and drained rice and cook until soft and fluffy. Drain and cool completely.