Baked Plantain chips
Plantains are very reliable sources of starch and energy and contains dietry fibre. They are also a good source of Vitamin A & C. Plantains are famed to be diuretic and can help prevent kidney and bladder problems
Makes ~ 200gms chips
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 25-30 minutes
• Medium plantain -2num
• Olive oil-2tbsp
• Chilli powder-1/2tsp
• Chat masala-1/2tsp
• Salt- as per taste
• Corn flour-1tsp
• Pre-heat oven at 180 deg c , line and grease the baking tray
• Peel the banana skin and thinly slice (about the 1/8 inch thick).
• In a bowl toss banana slices with olive oil, salt, cornflour, chilli powder and chat masala.
• Spread in a single layer on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, then flip over for an additional 15 minutes, until golden brown at the edges.
• Let cool slightly before serving.
• If the slices are thin only then the chips turns out crispier
Posted on October 6, 2014, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Starters and tagged Baked healthy chips, Baked Plantain chips, Baked snacks, drchdietfood, Plantain chips. Bookmark the permalink. 18 Comments.