Baked -Cheesy Jalapenos bites
Baked jalapeno peppers are easy, delicious appetizer and perfect for snacks. This recipe is healthy alternative to the fried version. It goes well with Pizza & good to try during weekend for family get together’.
Preparation time-15 minutes
Baking time-12-15 minutes
- Low fat Mozzarella cheese-100gms
- Ground cumin-1/2tsp
- Plain flour-3tbsp
- Corn flour-1tbsp
- Garlic powder-1/2tsp
- Milk-enough to form the batter
- Powdered corn flakes -1cup (3-4cups of plain corn flakes crushed to fine powder in blender/food processor)
- Oil- for brushing
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg c, grease and line the baking tray
- Halve the Jalapenos lengthwise and carefully deseed them
- Bowl 1: combine powdered cornflakes, garlic powder together.
- Bowl 2: combine plain flour, corn flour add in milk 1tbsp at a time until a dropping consistency batter is formed.
- Bowl 3: combine mozzarella cheese, cumin powder.
- Spread 1tbsp cheese spread from bowl 3 to each half of the jalapenos.
- Dip the stuffed jalapenos in bowl2 (Batter) and then roll it in the crumbs (Bowl 1).
- Repeat this process again (dip again in the batter and roll in the bread crumbs) so doing it twice helps even coating.
- Then place the coated jalapenos on the baking tray and bake it for 25-30mins / until golden brown.
• You can even deep fry it but it adds more calorie to your dish.
• Feel free to select stuffing cream of your choice
Posted on October 4, 2014, in Appetizers, International and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Italian meal ideas, Italian starter recipes; Italian recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 57 Comments.