Multigrain Cinnamon sticks
Posted by Chitra Jagadish
These are sweet sticks which is the same as pretzel just that it’s been rolled to sticks. These are soft and multigrain sticks with the coating of cinnamon and sugar. Great for snacks.
I used powdered oats, wheat bran and wheat flour to make the dough which make it wholesome and rich in fiber.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Baking time-10-15 minutes
- Wheat flour-1 1/2
- Wheat bran-1/4
- Oats flour/powder-1/2cup
- warm milk (vegan/any milk)-1cup – 1 1/4cup
- hot water-1/4cup (110-120deg C)
- Active dry yeast-2tsp
- Warm water-2cups
- Baking soda- 2tbsp
- Peanut oil- enough to roll sticks
- Ground Brown sugar- 3tbsp (or more as per sweet preferred)
- Ground Cinnamon -2tsp
- Place honey, salt, hot water in a bowl mix well -sprinkle yeast and allow it to rest for 10-15minutes/until frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl combine wheat flour, powdered oats, bran flakes mix well and add in the frothy yeast mixture and start mixing and then add warm milk little at a time until comes together.
- Bring the dough onto the floured surface and knead gradually by sprinkling some milk/water if its dry/ dry flour when sticky alternatively and knead for 5-7minutes.
- (be careful not to make the dough too stiff or it will be hard to roll out)
- Then transfer the dough into a bowl (grease the bowl with oil if desired) cover with kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for about 35minutes or until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg C, line the baking tray and grease and keep aside.
- Divide the dough to equal portions and roll out on a flat surface and cut them into strips (width and thickness can be to your choosing)
- Mix together baking soda and warm water.
- Dip the dough sticks into the baking soda and water solution.
- Place the pretzel sticks on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip the pretzels sticks into peanut oil and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Serving suggestios for Italian meal ideas:
Starter – Baked cheesy Jalapenos bites (https://drchdietfood.com/2014/10/04/baked-cheesy-jalapenos-bites/)
Main course – Wheat Oats bran Zero oil Pizza (https://drchdietfood.com/2014/09/20/wheat-oat-bran-oil-free-pizza/)
- Butter can be used alternatively to roll the sticks.
About Chitra JagadishMy passion is Cooking & love exploring healthy recipes. This blog is all about sharing 'Recipes for Healthy living', which are my experiments at home.
Posted on October 4, 2014, in Breakfast, Dessert, International, Kids recipes and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Italian dessert menu recipes, Italian meal plans, Italian recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 29 Comments.