Whole meal Chocolate apple loaf (Eggless and Vegan)
Well this wholemeal chocolate loaf is vegan. This is eggless, dairy free, calorie friendly & nut free.
Serves: 9-10 slices
Baking time: 30-35mins
- Whole meal pastry flour-1 1/2cup
- Unsweetened Apple sauce-1cup
- Cocoa powder-1/4cup
- Vegetable oil-3tbsp
- Flax meal-2tbsp
- Baking powder-1tsp
- Baking soda-3/4tsp
- Vanilla essence-1tsp
- Apple cider vinegar/white vinegar-1tsp
- Maple syrup/honey/sugar-1/2cup
- Warm water-1/2-3/4cup
- In a bowl sift flour cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- In another bowl mix together apple sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, flax meal and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry mixture and stir until just moistened.( Add warm water if required)
- Pre-heat oven to 180deg c /350F for 13-15minutes. Lightly grease and line the loaf tin.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake it for 30-35minutes or until a toothpick inserted in canter of the cake comes out clean. (mine took 30minutes)
- If you like apple chunks on biting add cored and diced apple -1 cup and reduce the amount of apple sauce.
- Original recipe calls for ¾-1cup sugar but my family like mild sweet so I decreased the amount of sweet. You can add in if you want it to be sweeter
Posted on June 16, 2014, in Dessert, International, Kids recipes, Vegan and tagged Apple cake, Chitras healthy kitchen, Choclate cake, drchdietfood, eggless cake, Healthy cake, prakruthi honey, prakruthi honey bangalore, Vegan friendly cake, Vegan friendly choclate cake. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.
Looks good and healthy Chitra! Yum!
Thanks Lori. I was worried about the texture before trying with new ingredients but it came out well.. Felt happy
I made this, my friend but used a combo of white & wholemeal spelt flour! It was just stunning & ooh so tasty too! xxx
Sophie – you have every unique recipe in your blog…