Spinach stir fry bulgur
Bulgur spinach stir fry nutritious breakfast recipe which is easy &quick to make. The leafy green spinach is tossed with healthy bulgur with the spice of green chilli and tanginess of lemon juice
Spinach is considered as a super-food, nutrient dense when you eat it raw, but it retains more vitamins with some cooking methods. For maximum vitamin retention, use quick-cooking methods that do not include water, such as sautéing, stir frying or blanching to reduce the amount of nutrients lost from cooking.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Waiting Time: 30 minutes
- Bulgur – 1cup
- Chopped onion-1num
- Wash and finely chopped spinach-250gms
- Frozen peas-1/2cup
- Chopped Green chilli-4-5num
- Mustard seeds-1/2tsp
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Channa/urad dal-2tsp
- Curry leaves-4-5
- Chopped coriander-a handful
- Lemon juice-1tsp
- Wash and soak the bulgur for 30mins in 2cups hot water (soaking in hot water reduces the cooking time)
- Heat oil in the pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds as it splutters add chopped onion, chilli and saute for 2-3mins/until onions are translucent
- Now add finely chopped spinach, peas and saute for 4-5minutes.
- Add soaked bulgur, salt mix well and let it simmer for 5-7minutes/until water is completely absorberd by bulgur. (extra water is not required)
- Turn off the flame add lemon juice give it a toss.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with yogurt/ yogurt dip
- If bulgur is soaked in hot water it doesn’t take much time to cook.
- If there is excess water in soaked bulgur just drain and then add it to the spinach mixture.
- You can replace bulgur with cooked white rice; Add cooked rice to spinach mixture
Posted on June 22, 2014, in Indian, Main dish and tagged Bulgur rice recipes, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Indian rice dish, Spinach rice recipe, Spinach stirfry rice. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.