Corn flakes chevda
Chivda are most popular crunchy and tasty versatile snack. It is a snack made with flaked rice seasoned with right blend of spices. But here I used corn flakes as the corn flakes or any cereal replacement helps you eat fewer calories than you normally would.
Cooking time: 20mins
Preparation time: 10-15mins
- Corn flakes-2cups
- Mustard seeds-1tsp
- Green chillies slit-2num
- Curry leaves-6-7
- Red chilli powder-2tsp
- Finely chopped garlic-1tbsp
- Chopped dry coconut-2tbsp
- Chana dal(dalia)-1/4cup
- Salt- as per taste
- In a non-stick pan dry roast peanuts, chana dal, flax seeds separately one after the other. ( You can even use store bought roasted peanuts)
- Crush the corn flakes a bit using your palms and dry roast it in the same pan for 4-5mins.
- Now heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, as it splutters add curry leaves, green chillies,garlic, dry coconut and saute for 2-3minutes/ until slightly golden. Turn off the flame.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, salt, roasted peanuts, chana dal, flax seeds, corn flakes and toss.
- When completely cooled, store in an airtight container ina cool dry place.
- You can use store bought roasted peanuts and chana dal as well.
- You can even deep fry corn flakes, peanuts, chana dal that makes it more crispier, just as a healthy option chose to dry roast
Posted on June 22, 2014, in Indian, Starters and tagged Chewda, Chitras healthy kitchen, Cornflakes Chevda, Cornflakes Chewda, Cornflakes Savouries, Cornflakes Snacks, drchdietfood, Healthy snacks; quick Indian snacks, Healthy tea time snack, Indian quick to make snacks. Bookmark the permalink. 12 Comments.