Whole wheat apple-pear methi – Pizza
Pumpkin, sweet potato. Apple pies and muffins are most common but I’ve been having a mini obsession with pears and apple on pizza. The flavour of dried herbs and Fenugreek leaves enhanced the taste for this Pizza. This combo is guilt free and heavenly for thin crust pizza lovers. Just ensure fruits are sliced and dough is rolled thin to get the best from this recipe.
Apple and pear combination is the highest source of flavonols among all fruits and vegetables- which shows it is rich in antioxidants helps to lower the risk of type-2 diabetes, also a great source for staving off cancer.
Yields: 1 medium pizza
Preparation time: 20mins
Baking time: 12-15mins
- Whole wheat flour-2 1/2cup
- Garlic powder-1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Warm water-1 cup (100-110deg)
- Sliced apple-1num
- Sliced pear-1num
- Methi leaves/fenugreek leaves-1/2cup
- Crushed pepper-1/2tsp
- Olive oil-2tbsp
- Low fat mozzarella cheese-100gms
- Dried Italian herbs-1tsp
- Combine honey, oil, salt, 1cup warm water in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Sprinkle yeast and let it stand for 10minutes.
- Combine flour, garlic powder in the bowl and add this to the yeast mixture little at a time until a you reach dough consistency ( dough will be sticky at this stage)
- Turn dough out onto the floured surface knead lightly for 5-7minutes
- Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking oil, rolling the dough to coat the oil.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm place for 1hour or until doubled in size. (gently press two fingers into dough, if the indentation remains, dough has risen enough)
- Pre-heat the oven at 220deg c
- line pizza tray with baking sheet and dust it with corn flour/corn meal and place it in the oven while pre-heating.
- Transfer the dough on to the floured surface knead again for 8-10mins and roll into 12-14inch circle on a floured surface.
- Brush the dough evenly with oil and sprinkle evenly with cheese, salt, pepper and spread some fenugreek/methi leaves
- Place the rolled dough carefully to the pre-heated baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12-15minutes/until the crust is crisp and golden at 220deg c.
- If you want apple and pear sliced bit roasted then after 10minutes take the pizza out and place the apple pear slices and bake for 3-4minutes
- Once the base is baked completely top it up with slices and sprinkle some dried herbs and enjoy it
- You can even use plain flour instead of wheat flour or use half white and half wheat
- You can use any vegetables or fruits for topping as a variation
Posted on June 24, 2014, in Appetizers, International, Kids recipes, Main Course and tagged apple, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy fruits pizza, Methi whole wheat pizza, pear, Whole wheat fruit pizza. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.
Now this looks healthy too.. apple and pears..
Thanks Bikram just exploring fruits on pizzas
Tempting and healthy pizza….. Love the flavors!
Thank you.. Added methi along with fruits…glad you liked it
Chitra you are way to awesome, I have no interest in Pizza these days will tell you why ,when I was working I used to eat only junk food and did not care for my health those days and it took an adverse effect in my health. Those days Pizza was my food all the time. When I saw the heading of your post, I was sure it should be healthy, so when I see this, I am amazed, wheat flour and looks at the combination WOW! you are simply amazing…… Thank you so much for introducing all healthy food 🙂
Oh Malar you made my day….even we love pizzas , just for the sake of health we stopped it. Hubby is sooooooooooooooooooooo very crazy which made me explore for healthy options….so would thank hubby for this . Encouragement from friends like you is what am blessed in this blogging world..Thanks again for the motivating inspirational words…
Pleasure is mine Chitra 🙂