Chilli paneer dry: (Shallow fried)
Chilli Paneer is a great appetizer to serve as finger food in parties. Traditionally Paneer coated in a batter, deep fried, sauted with peppers and sauces but here as a healthy option I have shallow fried low fat paneer and tossed in sauces.
Preparation time: 20mins
Cooking time: 15-20mins
- Fresh Paneer(Cottage cheese)- 200gms (Chopped to 1/2inch thick strips)
- Oil –for shallow frying
- Plain flour-3-4tbsp
- Corn flour-2tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1tbsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Capsicum -2num (chopped into cubes/ 1/2inch length strips)
- Onion-1num (chopped to cubes/ ½ inch length wise)
- Chopped spring onion-1/4cup
- Grated ginger-1tsp
- Grated garlic-2tsp
- Soya sauce-1tbsp
- Schezwan sauce/chilli sauce-1tbsp
- Tomato sauce-1tbsp
- Salt –as per taste
- Spring onion greens-1/4cup chopped
- Combine all the ingredients for batter in a bowl and make a smooth batter by adding water.
- Coat the paneer pieces with the batter and toast them on the pan/ tawa until golden brown. Drain it on a tissue and set aside.
- Once the paneer is roasted transfer them on to the plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan add ginger, garlic, spring onion white, onion and saute over high flame for 1-2minutes
- Add capsicum and saute for few more seconds
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, chilli/schezwan sauce, tomato sauce, salt and stir fry until sauces are coated well.
- Toss in fried paneer and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion.
- This can be served as starter/appetizers OR can be used as a filling in wraps.
- If paneer pieces are more then roast them in batches
- While flipping the paneer wait until it is fully roasted otherwise it may break
- Just as an healthy option panner is toasted on tawa but they can be deep fried as well
Posted on June 28, 2014, in Indian, Side dish, Starters and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Indian healthy Appitzers, Indian vegetarian Appetizers, Low fat panner manchurian, Shallow fried Apptizers. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.